Serwall outdoor furniture is crafted using HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) and HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene) poly lumber, ensuring exceptional durability and weather resistance. Consequently, maintaining and cleaning Serwall outdoor furniture becomes a hassle-free task.
Following a few straightforward steps, you can effortlessly restore your Serwall furniture to its pristine condition.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Furniture cleaner or mild soap
- Soft-bristle brush
- A clean cloth
- Bleach (if necessary)
Steps to Clean Outdoor Furniture from Serwall
Step1: Dusting and Brushing
Before delving into a deep cleaning routine, start by dusting and brushing off any loose dirt, debris, or leaves from the furniture. Use a soft-bristle brush or a clean cloth to gently remove the surface dirt. Be thorough and pay attention to crevices, corners, and intricate designs where dust can accumulate.
Step2: Mild Soap and Water Solution
To maintain your Serwall outdoor furniture, regular cleaning can be achieved with a mild soap and water solution.
Start by filling a bucket with warm water and adding a few drops of furniture cleaner or mild soap. Thoroughly mix the solution until it becomes soapy.
Next, dip a soft sponge or cloth into the solution and gently scrub the Serwall outdoor furniture, focusing on any stains or spots. Allow the solution to sit on the stain for 3-5 minutes before removing it with a brush.
Remember to avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, which can harm the furniture’s surface.
Step3: Treating Stubborn Stains
If your outdoor furniture has stubborn stains or mildew growth, you may need to use additional cleaning methods.
One effective approach is to create a cleaning solution using one part bleach and three parts water. Take a sponge or a soft brush and apply the solution to the stained areas, gently scrubbing until the stains fade away.
Before working with bleach, you’d better wear gloves and protective eyewear. Additionally, it is recommended to test the solution on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it does not cause any discoloration.
Step4: Rinse Thoroughly
After scrubbing the furniture, rinse it well with fresh water to eliminate any leftover soap. Use a garden hose or a bucket of water for this purpose. You can also use a high-pressure power washer (not to exceed 1,500 psi) for a deep clean.
Make sure to rinse all the surfaces, including the undersides and hidden areas. Leftover soap can leave a sticky residue or cause discoloration over time, so thorough rinsing is crucial.
After cleaning, allow your outdoor furniture to dry completely before using or covering it. Excessive moisture can result in the growth of mold and mildew or contribute to the gradual deterioration of the furniture over time.
Place the furniture in a well-ventilated area under the sun to air dry naturally. If you’re in a hurry, use a clean cloth or towel to wipe off any remaining moisture.
Following these simple steps, your outdoor furniture will remain beautiful and clean throughout the seasons.
1. All Serwall hardware comprises 18-8 stainless steel with chrome oxide coating for high corrosion resistance. However, when exposed to a salt air environment for extended periods, it is advisable to take preventive measures to avoid corrosion. Regular cleaning with soapy water suffices. And you can also apply a corrosion-resistant coating to the stainless steel for extra protection.
2. Consider investing in protective covers to keep your outdoor furniture in top condition. These covers can shield your furniture from dust, dirt, UV rays, and the elements, preventing premature fading and wear. When not in use, cover your furniture with these protective covers to extend its lifespan and reduce the frequency of deep cleaning.
3. Make it a habit to regularly inspect your furniture for any indications of damage or loose components. If you encounter any issues, promptly address and repair them.
4. If you live in an area with severe winters or prolonged periods of inclement weather, it’s advisable to store your outdoor furniture indoors or in a protected area. Ensure it is completely dry before storing to prevent mold or mildew growth.
The frequency of cleaning depends on various factors such as weather conditions, usage, and the type of furniture. As a general guideline, it’s recommended to clean your outdoor furniture at least once every few months or as needed.
Mild soap, gentle detergents, or specialized outdoor furniture cleaners are suitable for most outdoor furniture materials. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the surfaces. Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for cleaning products.
While bleach can be effective for removing mold or mildew, it should be used with caution. Always dilute it according to instructions.
Mild dish soap mixed with water is generally safe for most outdoor furniture materials. Avoid harsh chemicals or bleach, as they can cause discoloration or damage.
Yes, Serwall outdoor furniture is designed to be low-maintenance. Its construction with durable HDPE and HIPS materials ensures weather resistance and longevity. Regular cleaning and basic upkeep are all needed to keep it in excellent condition.